Friday, September 22, 2006

A Penny ... Not Even For Your Thoughts! (Magic City Morning Star)

The poor penny. Whatever happened to “A penny saved is a penny earned”? I was in line at a fast food restaurant recently to grab a coffee to go, when a couple in their 20’s ahead of me stepped forward toward the counter in the roped off rat maze we were corralled in. The girl already had her money out, and dropped a penny on the floor. She began to bend down to pick it up, and halfway to the floor, waved her hand in disgust and said, “Ah, I’m not going to bother to pick it up.” This seemingly bizarre behavior intrigued me. Obviously, the girl didn’t want the penny. The funny thing is, knowing this, as I moved forward, I didn’t bother to pick it up either!

Full story at:
http://magic-city-news.com/article_6658.shtml

No comments: