Wednesday, January 17, 2007

PCGS President Says PCGS Will Not Drop "First Strikes" (About.com)

I had a wonderful time in New York last week for the NYINC coin show. Perhaps the most embarrassing moment for me came when I strolled past the PCGS booth during the Professional Preview day on Thursday. There were three people sitting behind the PCGS table, one of whom was offering verbal grades for some coins being handed to him by a customer. After hearing a few MS-64s and 65s being opined, I asked one of the people behind the table if the man doing the grading was a PCGS grader, because I have long wanted to ask a technical question relating to ultra-high MS grades. Suddenly everyone was laughing politely, and I was told that the man offering grading opinions was none other than PCGS President Ron Guth! . . .

Full story at:
http://coins.about.com/b/a/000072.htm?nl=1

No comments: